Latest Podcast Episodes
When software firm Appian went public last May, its cofounders put an end to 17 years of private ownership. CEO Matt Calkins discusses the company’s post-IPO life and explains how Appian plans to preserve the company’s unique workforce culture and continue to fuel the serial reinvention of its offerings. How do you make a great…
Eight years from now, when Lance Ruttenberg blows out the candles on a birthday cake celebrating his company’s 100th birthday, the CEO of American Textile Company will be savoring an industrial hallmark that no Fortune 500 CEO has ever known. Lance and his brother Blake are the third generation of Ruttenbergs to own and lead the textile firm…
WpC: Along the way, you’ve made a lot of hires, so we’re going to ask you, “How do you make a great hire?” Matt: We follow this principle that we picked up in a book called Traction, by a guy named Gino Wickman. It’s an operating system for businesses called the EOS. We follow their…
In the beginning, it was about T-shirts and a design-your-own website. Today, Spreadshirt, based in Berlin, Germany, is a $100 million business commonly classified as a self-expression global e-commerce company. Join us when Spreadshirt CEO Philip Rooke explores the offerings that allowed Spreadshirt to triple its size and the employee empowerment discipline that he’s adopted to…
Your FREE Workplace Champions eBook
Tennessee Boasts of Being Home to the 2nd Busiest Cargo Airport in the World, 3rd Largest U.S. Rail Center and the Nation's 4th Largest Inland Port.
Join our Workplace Champions
An Audio On Demand Leader for the Middle Market C-Suite
Latest From Middle Market Thought Leader
- 200: When Supply Lines Determine the Path to Growth | Cody Yarborough, CEO, Lifecycle Biotechnologies
- 199: The M&A-Minded Leader | Raj Arora, President, Jensen Hughes
- 198: Outsourcing’s New Wonder | Bryce Maddock, CEO, TaskUs
- 197: When the World Is Your Customer | Art Barter, CEO, Datron World Communications, Inc.
- 196: Where Members Equal Growth | Allan Prindle, CEO, Power Financial Credit Union
Latest From CFO Thought Leader
- 367: Adopting a Subscription Model | John Orlando, CFO, Centage
- 365: A Purveyor of Eminent Domains | David Rostov, CFO, Donuts, Inc.
- 364: Taking Your Customer’s Pulse | Todd Seiffer, CFO, Businessolver
- 363: Achieving a Global Alignment | Alejandro Scannapieco, CFO, Globant
- 362: Five IPO Finance Career Chapters